Work in progress - Looks like I didn’t complete this at the time!
Well the blog has been inactive for a couple of years while the Climate Change and Sustainable Living Group tried out a few different ideas for storing our resources and information.
However I’m going to restart it now - at least temporarily - so I’d better complete whatever this post was going to be. It was probably intended as a record of the time I spent living at Emu Bay in 2024, while Chris facilitated the CC and Sus group (as we call it for short).
The property at Emu Bay is a revegetation property I’ve owned since 2006, with a little stone hut on it which my family and I have fixed up as a place to stay for camping holidays.
I stayed there for several months in 2024, planting, weeding and working on the hut (with the help of brother and son-in-law). I made a presentation to the CC and Sus group during this time (when I was back in Melbourne visiting family) which I’ll try to add later.
In the meantime here’s a couple of photos of revegetation progress - in a area near the hut, which is more like a garden and where I’ve had to extensively protect plants from the kangaroos and wallabies.
(Photos to come)
Revegetation on other parts of the property was by direct seeding (with a grant from the SA government) and natural regrowth - it’s about 50% revegetated now and I intend to leave some of it cleared. I have a dream of re-establishing native grasses but that’s a huge project.
No comments:
Post a Comment